The Medicare website’s Plan Finder Tool is what we use to compare prescription drug plans and the drug component of Medicare Advantage plans. It is the easiest and most efficient way to compare your plan to other plans and determine if it would be beneficial to change. In order to view drug costs specific to your medications, you need to have a personal www.Medicare.gov account. Here, we will provide step-by-step instructions.
1. Go to www.Medicare.gov. Only go to “.gov”, NOT “.com”
2. Click “MyMedicare.gov Login” in the top-right.
3. Scroll down and select “Create Account”
4. You will enter the following as it appears on your Medicare card:
4a. Medicare Number. Do not include the dashes or spaces. Enter it as one unbroken sequence.
4b. Name exactly as it appears on your card. If you go by another name or suffix, such as Jr, but it is not on your card, do not enter it that way. It must match your card.
4c. Email address, if you have one. You do not have to have an email or include it. Just select the “I don’t have an email address” box.
4e. Resident zip code. This is the zip code for the address that Social Security has for you.
4f. Part A effective date. If you do not have Part A, select “I don’t have Part A” and it will prompt you to enter your Part B effective date.
4g. Click both boxes to agree to the Terms & Conditions.
5. A security warning will appear. It states that you cannot use the Medicare site for fraud. Select “OK”
6. The next page asks you to create a User ID. This can be whatever you want it to be. You can use your email address.
7. Then create a password. The guidelines for password creation are on the right side of the screen.
8. Finally, you will choose a security question and answer. This is used to reset your account if you forget your User ID or password.
Make sure to write your User ID and password down and secure it safely!!
9. Select Done. It will redirect you to the log-in screen and tell you that your account was successfully created. Log in with your credentials to make sure it works.